Join me in the coming year!

Join me every other Sunday as I pick up hunks and share information on a large variety of topics. While everybody 'comes and comes again' we'll be starting and finishing together.



Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 13

Bet you didn't know:

Today is Saint Silvester's Day. Evil spirits are traditionally driven away with clanging bells on this night by villagers in Urnasch, Switzerland, where the pre-Julian New Year's Eve continues to be celebrated on this date.
In pre-Christian Ireland, the thirteenth day of January was celebrated each year as the Feast of Brewing by the ancient and mysterious priests known as the Druids.

Did you know there are only 352 days left till 2011? *lol. Thought I'd put it in perspective for everyone. Think I might be a glass half full or half empty kind of person? Depends on how your year is going so far I guess.;)*

Also, It's the date regulators in the U.S. and Europe prepare the largest global financial overhaul since The Great Depression. *It's about time don't you think*

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a amazing post. 352 days left huh, lol. Half full, I am here!
    Hope all is well honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this post about the Driuds celebration of the 13th...very interesting and something I didn't know.

    And yes, I do think it about time the Government does something besides spend our money foolishly!
    But, that's just MHO. LOL

    Hugs
    Hawk

    ReplyDelete